Am I in the present....? yes!

The students seated...There's commotion... the professor enters the class with a laptop in his hand.
Connecting it to the projector the slideshow begins....
To add to the visual element,,, theres sum decently audible commentry to emphasize each slide in detail.
This is how the class goes on for about two and half hours and ultimately the crux of the entire session is....
"Think Futuristic"!!
Be it any subject, any module, any seminar..this is what is been instilled in the minds.
Visualise and imagine things that will be there in future.....
Sounds interesting rite...?
Yes as a designer, quite an innovative task to create concepts for the future, without having any realistic constraints.
But actually speaking, am I really being futuristic..?? or am I just trying to exaggerate the present technology on some hypothetical base... just to be different..!
These are some of the questions that rise in my mind and then I couldn't stop laughing to see my proposed designs in animated form" talking to me...and saying..
"I am the future!"
Yes it is funny..
Mind wanders in the past, no matter how much you convince.
The prior associations that make me relate things to my past memories.!
And then I am expected to think about future...
In the entire process.. only one question that pops up asking me about my existence in the present....yes mentally!
This reminded me of a dialogue fron Rang de Basanti"., that I had enjoyed a hearty laugh..
One leg in the past and One leg in the future and shitting in the present!
Is this what I am doing...??
uh huh...NO !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist v/s An engineer

Xperiencing Death : will be an adventure...!

"Conscious, U there?''