Exploring places ... exploring people...!!

Yeah after a long time, back to blogging...!For this sem, we had the project wherein we are supposed to do " User Research" Its like understanding the people in a region , do some ethnographic study and in turn get in demographic dataETC
The names are indeed very boring. but then in short its like going to different places and understanding the people there and their lifestyles!
Its a project of HP wherein we are expected to know more about the people their interaction with gadgets in their houses.
What all things make them buy things and what not?
It appears to be a short brief that way. But understood it better when went to meet people
[ actually still understanding]
In groups we were divided and were expected to cover all of India. Our group went to Gujarat and got dispersed., doing research in different parts.
To start with , I was in Baroda .1st started with people I know through references. The families actually so very new,. still felt so old. There was something that was making me feel connected. Similar lifestyle... where there was a kiddo in the house , I was able to relate it to my childhood. Then the uncle-aunty being so kind to offer a cup of bournvita and ask about my welbeing.
There was trust, there was interest, there was truth, in whatever they told.., in whatever they told about themselves and their daily routine. And I was noting the times when they use appliances and their comfort level with it.
I was feeling that it was not just their interaction that I was penning down. But in the process was interacting with their minds. How they think? How they decide?... their lifestyle? How much the society influence them? How prior associations and past experiences affect them? How a particular region create impact on their life ?. And most importantly as my friend Himanshu says... it was more of understanding the philosophy of a person. Though the term is very huge and misguiding[I feel] but still it is very simple.
The way a person takes decisions is in accordance with that person's philosophy.
and trust me its very fascinating to know the different philosophies of different people!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xperiencing Death : will be an adventure...!

Artist v/s An engineer

"Conscious, U there?''